You have likely heard the term “Content is King,” so you know that web content needs to exist. However, content writing is not as simple as stringing words together and putting them on your website. There is a skill set that many small business owners will hire outside help to ensure quality content writing happens. With that said, Orange Coast Websites wants to help Orange County small businesses amp up their content writing for your web pages to your blog. We understand the value of words. They can make or break an internet lead or conversion.
Thus, we do our research to excel above the competition, and wouldn’t you know, there are content writing secrets that no one is talking about that you should know. Let’s find out the seven secrets about content writing that nobody tells you. Therefore, whether you create content in-house or hire a fantastic team like Orange Coast Websites, you can feel confident that your online content is superb.
The Dos and Don’ts
There are plenty of dos and don’ts of content writing available for you to read, so we won’t bore you with the mundane stuff. You do, however, need a refresh on some that could hurt your search engine rankings if you do or don’t apply them; they are:
- Write original content
- Include inbound links to your website
- Add relevant outbound links to other sites when possible.
- Never plagiarize content
- DO NOT duplicate your work.
- Don’t write to write. Hire someone with a passion for writing
- Do not overstuff keywords. Use a maximum of keywords three times or less.
- Never add anything that feels unnatural or forced into your writing. The search engines will penalize your website.
7 Secrets About Content Writing That Nobody Will Tell You
Now that we have covered some of the more available content writing knowledge, let’s deep dive into the secrets about content writing that will help your small business website or blog thrive:
- Call-To-Creative Action: When you write, write with a creative action in mind for your readers to take the education and apply it to their website or blog.
- Research is Inevitable: Not too many people talk about how much research goes into content writing. Even though it is your product or service, you need to research. Run the gambit, write short informative blog articles to long-form, in-depth essays, etc. Research helps keep your content fresh and prevents web pages from becoming stagnant.
- Content Formatting Matters: No matter where you publish your content writing, you need to make sure that the formatting is readable. Thus, short sentences, space paragraphs, and bullet points are more enticing to readers.
- Add Consumable Content: Long-form content is necessary, but do not forget to add bite-size content to your website or blog. Consumable content is easy to skim, and many readers prefer getting straight to the point.
- Write Problem Solving Content: All too often, writers write about problems without offering solutions. Announcements and awareness are a part of the job but don’t stop there. Find a solution and share it in your writing.
- Accurate Reporting and Sources are Vital: The last thing you need is a scandal. But instead of retreating in fear from content, be sure to report from well-known sources.
- Call-to-Action Every Single Time: Every web page and article is an opportunity to get your readers or potential customers to convert. It is super easy to add a call-to-action to your writing as a way for people to contact or connect with your business.
We hope these seven secrets about content writing that nobody will tell you helps you with your content writing strategy. You deserve quality content and an understanding of how to create content that surpasses your competition.
Have Your Content Writing Done by Professionals at Orange Coast Websites!
Do you own a small business in Orange County? If so, our friendly team can help improve your website with our Website Content Services.
Contact us today to start making actionable goals for your business online.