So you’re excited about redesigning your website or creating a brand new one from scratch. You’ve looked at websites for inspiration and have a vision of what you want. Now, where to start? Do you hire a web design company like Orange Coast Websites or a Freelancer? This article covers the pros and cons of hiring a freelance web designer and the advantages of hiring a team like ours.
What Do Freelance Web Designers Do?
Differences Between Web Design Company vs. Freelancer
There is a difference between hiring a web design company and a freelance website designer.
A freelancer is one person who works on their schedule to do everything needed to build and launch your website. Freelance website designers want freedom and tend to be remote and work from home, on the beach, or anywhere they want. On the other hand, a web design company has a team of people with different functional expertise working on building a successful business.
Hiring a freelance website designer has its pros. Here are some of the reasons why you should hire a freelancer:
- A freelance web designer has little overhead which means low prices.
- Freelancers tend to be flexible on rates, time, and contracts.
- Most freelancers complete projects fast to keep the bills paid.
There are pros to hiring a freelance web designer. However, you must ensure they can deliver what they promise. Thus, know what you’re getting into when you hire a freelancer.
It is risky when hiring a freelancer. Not all freelance web designers are committed to their work. For many, it is a hobby, side gig, or hustle.
Your website is an extension of your business and plays a crucial role in connecting with many of your customers. Therefore, you need to know the cons of hiring a freelance website designer; they are:
- Commitment issues are a real problem when hiring a freelance web designer. Since they are not a part of a team, they might not care as much about the project or have gotten themselves in over their head.
- Communication problems can arise when trying to get in touch with your freelancer. They are on their schedule, which might not align with your time zone or working hours.
- Management can become an issue when you do not understand the skillset and rely on the freelancer to get the work done. Sometimes a freelancer talks great tech but lacks business fundamentals.
- Freelance web designers have fewer resources than web design companies. You don’t have the same help or expertise as a freelancer. You cannot expect the same quality from a freelancer, which is why they are cheaper.
Advantages Of A Multidisciplinary Team
Choose to work as a multidisciplinary team where each person specializes in different fields, i.e., project managers, web designers, developers, coders, testers, graphic designers, SEO specialists, etc. Together the team works as a unit towards the completion of a project.
Here are some advantages of a multidisciplinary team:
- You have a team of experts, each highly skilled in their respective fields.
- High-quality services, giving you a website you can depend on over the long term.
- Not relying on one person for the entire job dramatically reduces the risk of failure.
- A team can help you scale long-term, adding new features as you grow your business.
- And more!
Orange Coast Websites Can Help!
Our proven web design team at Orange Coast Websites alleviates the worry about building a website for your brand.
We are a small but nimble group of developers, designers, writers, and coders. We’re dependable, reliable, and insanely good at what we do.
Every effort is to increase traffic, time on site, and ease of navigation for every customer or client. Whether you need a brand-new website or looking to update your website, we are here to help.
Please make an appointment to discuss how we can enhance your website design. Our goal is to make your brand more visible in search. In addition, we want to ensure your website has a responsive layout to adapt to any screen.
Our team of experts at Orange Coast Websites becomes your team. We transfer data securely, increase loading speed, and generate call-to-action (CTA) that improve revenue. Call us today!